QBX resources on contract to Sephaku Cement (Pty) Ltd (Part of the Dangote Cement Group) for the new 6000 ton per day cement production facility. Designed, constructed & commissioned by Sinoma International on a Lump Sum Turnkey (LSTK) basis in Lichtenburg North West Province South Africa.
The QBX project manager was responsible for all facets of the project i.e. reporting to the Sephaku EXCO, responsible for the project execution in time, to the technical & quality standards specified, within budget and without compromising health and safety regulations.
Managing an owners team of 30 persons (Commercial, Risk & Technical staff), liaising with the factory operational team related to the technical design reviews and the operational readiness requirements, managing the LSTK and other contractors on site (1400 man workforce at peak, total project hours worked on the project 6.5 million man hours), coordinate and manage the project execution planning, certification and approval of all capex costs expensed on the project and leasing with the local communities and other stakeholders together with the Sephaku HR department related to the local labour and other project activities on site.
- Client: Sephaku Cement (Pty) Ltd
- Service Provided: Project resources (QBX staff formed the Sephaku Cement Owners Team responsible for the project construction phase)
- Project: New 6000 ton / day clinker & cement manufacturing plant
- Contract value: US$ 200 million
- Date: Completed April 2015 (Duration 60 months)